Goals of the project:
- To enhance positive youth development of secondary school students through their active participation in a tri-party intergenerational learning community
Objectives of the project:
- To develop secondary school students’ knowledge and skills embedded in action learning process as members of a learning community involving university students and staff, secondary school teachers and elderly in the community.
- To cultivate secondary school students’ sense of belonging and positive social values rooted in service learning within the community.
- To promote secondary school students’ development of both cognitive and affective learning necessary for their positive development through shared engagement in issues of healthy living and well-being with members of the learning community
- 2 years in total (October 2016 – September 2018)
- Overall preparatory work (October – November 2016)
- 2 action learning cycles (Cycle I: December 2016 – August 2017; Cycle II: September 2017 – August 2018)
- Consolidation and dissemination (September 2018)
- Deliverables/outcomes: Program Manual; Intergenerational Learning Community (ILC) Chronicle; Project website; Tri-Party Learning Community Framework as a new pedagogical model; and School-school and School-University Partnership
- Dissemination of deliverables/outcomes: Closing and consolidation event; Distribution of the Program Manual and ILC Chronicle to secondary schools, community centers and universities; and project website linked to participating schools and HKEdCity
- Commercialization potential of deliverables/outcomes: The possibility of working with a commercial publishing house for printing and distributing the Program Manual and or the ILC Chronicle outside of Hong Kong will be sought.